Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Sham-Rocking Good Time!

This St. Patrick's Day, the kids and I did something we'd never done before. We walked the few blocks into downtown for the fourth annual St. Patrick's Day Parade. I took both my camera and my cell phone and got 52 pictures altogether. Well, 52 pictures is a bit much for a couple of 12x12 and 8x8 layouts, so I decided to do a mini-book. I think it came out really cute, and I'm planning to submit it to Zutter for their Spring contest. It's my first time entering a contest or challenge outside of scrapbook.com or Cafe Mojo, so this should be interesting to say the very least.


Supply list:

6x6 acrylic covers from Zutter
1" white wires, also from Zutter
Zutter Bind it All 2.0
Bazzill Basics and Bazzill Bling cardstock
Tim Holtz Grungeboard (for the round tags)
Fiskars Threading Water border punch
miscellaneous ribbons
Glue Glider Mini
Zip Dry
Xyron 150 and 250
Crop-a-Dile (to punch the holes in the grungeboard and the plastic coins)
Stickles

...and last but certainly not least, Cricut Expression with Plantin Schoolbook, Paper Doll Dress Up, and Opposites Attract cartridges and Design Studio software

This book wasn't as complicated to make as it looks. I took the shamrock from PDDU and welded it to squares to create a shamrock-shaped page, and I cut two of them. I also cut a leprechaun and a pixie paper doll, to represent Jory and Lizzie.

I bound the covers, shamrock pages, 6x6 regular pages, and a 6x11 fold-out page with the Bind-it-All, and then just scrapped it. I had a ball making it, and I think it turned out really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment